After a reasonable hiatus from Blizzard games, I have decided to reinstall Diablo 3.I used to have it installed and working on this machine and removed my previous install using Add/Remove Programs.
However, now when I try to reinstall the game, the Diablo 3 Setup starts 'Updating setup files...' and then hangs; I have had a quick google for ideas on how to fix it which seems to bring up a bunch of posts when the server loads were really high last year, nevertheless I have been through the list of suggestions, making sure that secondary login is enabled, running the installer as administrator, etc.
After leaving the installer for ~30 minutes, it finally brings up an error stating it could not run the Blizzard agent; This gives me an error code - BLZPTS00007 - which gives me a few more google hits including a seemingly official guide on how to troubleshoot agent issues on Battle.net, however performing the steps listed under 'Advanced Troubleshooting' still hasn't resolved my problem.
I have nothing in My Documents, I have the launcher files in C:\Program Data and I have removed all of those, I have cleared all of my various temporary file locations as per the recommendations, rebooted, ensured that none of the files had returned, etc etc - still doesn't get past that screenshot For whatever reason, Internet Explorer (which I never use) was set to "work offline".
For whatever reason, with Internet Explorer set to work offline, the Diablo 3 installer was failing to do anything other than time out.
You can email those as a zip archive to this address: [email protected] this line for the subject: [Magnus G] [stuck on "updating Agent"] Thanks!